Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

William Bouguereau: Grand MacDaddy of The Academy de Beaux-Arts (1825-1905). Accused of manufacturing overstylized kitsch and despised by the Impressionists. Oddly enough, I found a Bouguereau thread on some white-Supremacist, "Stormfront" forum. Skinhead types must have a real affinity for Academic Art.

John Donne's "Holy Sonnets"

Russian Reversals: The apex of comedic genius...or not. In Soviet Russia, blog links to YOU!!

Project Gutenberg: I don't make nearly enough use of this site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Project Gutenberg thing is really cool, no doubt, but reading literature online has never seemed right. News, opinion, rants by my favorite blogger; all good online.

But Moby Dick? Not so much. Maybe that's just me.